Email Marketing Titles to Promote Your Ecommerce Business This Fall
By: Bailey Holtz
You may have heard rumblings that email marketing is on the way out, to be replaced exclusively by social media campaigns. While newsletters and emails certainly are not the latest in cutting-edge marketing trends. At Pure-Ecommerce we believe newsletters are still used to capture a massive audience, and should not be dispensed. Email marketing should be a part of your marketing plan when thinking of starting an internet business or if you already own an ecommerce business.
Why Is Email Marketing So Important?
Even though marketing is continuously changing, we are here to tell you email marketing still holds great value in the digital marketing world. By utilizing email marketing you are able to keep your brand on the top of your customers’ minds. It is also a great medium to develop your brand identity whether you are a large or small business.
By utilizing your newsletter you have a direct line to your current and potential customers. Once you begin creating valuable content this will give you an advantage over your competition. It is important to keep your customers engaged by sharing the latest exciting news from your business. Whether it’s a line of new products or a seasonal sale – you’ll want and need to share this with your customers and your newsletter is a great place to do this to keep your customer informed and interested in what you have to offer them.
Statista reports in 2017, global email users amounted to 3.7 billion users and this number is forecasted to grow to 4.3 billion users in 2022. This statistic shows that email marketing is an opportunity that you shouldn’t be missing out on!
Every year, according to OptinMonster, we send 102.6 trillion emails. The majority of internet users—58%—check their email every morning before they check anything else on their phones. We think it’s safe to say that email remains an undeniably powerful platform in the lives of most.
Even more convincing are the statistics of engagement rates. While social media may feel ubiquitous, and therefore more powerful than email. The engagement rate with social media is far lower than with email. The engagement rate for social platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram is a mere 0.58%, while email open rates hover somewhere around 22%. Email’s click-through rate—the number of times users actually click on a link in the email—is 3.71%. A small number perhaps, but certainly larger than what you’d net on social media.
If email remains such a powerful marketing tool, why have we all bought into the idea that it has become obsolete? Firstly, we probably consider our own email-reading habits. We look at our inboxes, chock-full of newsletters with subject lines boasting “SPECIAL deals inside!!!!”. Then what do we do – delete them! If this is what we do with all our emails, it seems safe to assume others do, as well.
It’s true that most people experience email overload on a daily basis. According to Lifewire, the average worker receives 121 emails a day. That’s a lot of content to sift through, and, unless given a persuasive reason to do otherwise, most people will just batch delete them.
Having a Creative Subject Line Is Key!
So how does a marketer cut through the din of unwanted emails to actually reach the eyes of an engaged consumer? The key is in the subject line. The subject line of your email is the first thing your reader will see. You have only a few words (and seconds) to grab your reader’s attention. Make the most of them!
If writing the most compelling subject of all time sounds like a daunting task, fear not! We are here to help get your “creative juices” flowing! Here are a few things you should consider when you are crafting your subject line:
- Make it urgent! If there is a time limit on your special offer, more consumers will be pressed to act.
- Mention offers! Consumers are more likely to open an email if they think they might get something free or at a steep discount.
- Make it relevant! Mention seasons, holidays, big current events, the latest sports games…whatever is happening now!
- Tell a story! If you can find a way to begin a story in the subject line, and end it in the body of the email, your readers will be too intrigued not to open!
Did you know emails with personalized subject lines generate 50% higher open rates? This is according to Yes Lifecycle Marketing. Therefore, it is a great idea to customize your greeting and subject line to include individual names when sending out your emails.
50 Fabulous Fall Subject Lines
If you’re just getting started on your email marketing campaign and need some inspiration, we’ve got you covered. Below, we’ve compiled fifty great email subject lines for fall, which you can repurpose for your own business! These were compiled with help from Omnisend and Ecommerce Training Academy.
- Fall in Love with Our Latest Trends
- Fun Fall Faves!
- Apple Pies, Pumpkins, and Sales, Oh My!
- Ghoulish Offers!
- Are You Ready for Fall?
- Last Chance for Summer Sales!
- End of Summer Sales
- Offers Dropping Like Leaves 🍁
- (Pumpkin) Spice up your Living Room!
- Spooky Sales and Ominous Offers
- We’re Falling for these New Trends
- Make Your Jack-O-Lantern Smile 🎃
- Sweater Weather’s Here!
- New Fall Colors
- Caramel-Covered Specials
- Breeze into Fall with these Latest Offers
- [“Your Business’s Name’s”] Fall Colors
- Fall Freebie
- How to Rock this Year’s Fall Colors
- It’s Okay to Fall Sometimes…
- Trick or Treat from [“Your Business Name”]
- Offers that Will Make You Scream (for joy)! 😨🤩
- Add a New [“Blank Item”] to Your Fall Home!
- Savings Your Jack-o-Lantern Will Cackle Over! 🎃
- Hot Cocoa+New Sweater+[“Insert items you sell”] = Bliss!
- Show Off for Fall
- Bye shorts. Hello cords.
- Color Me Fall
- Warm Up to Savings
- Fall’s Our Favorite Season
- Major Savings this Fall!
- Snuggle up to Some Fall Savings
- Apple Pies+Huge Savings 🥧
- Apple Cider Everything!
- Jump into a Pile of Savings! 🍁
- Pumpkin Spice Up Your Life ☕️
- Fetch Some Fall Fun
- Fall Furniture 🍂
- Our Fall Harvest 🍂
- Take a Leap this Fall!
- Cozy Colors and Spooky Shapes
- Don’t Snooze on Fall Savings!
- 🌰 Chestnuts and Savings 🌰
- Browse our Fall Picks
- Don’t be Afraid to Save this Fall! 👹
- Boo! We’ve Got Savings for You! 👻
- Treat Yourself this Fall
- Stop Sweating 🥵 and Start Saving!
- No Tricks, Only Treats: Amazing Deals this Fall!
- You Can Run but You Can’t Hide from our Fall Offers…
We hope these tips and list of fifty fabulous email titles will spark your creativity and help you market your ecommerce business this fall. Enjoy, and happy marketing!